Practice Area Details
Remcho, Johansen & Purcell, LLP advises lawyers regarding their obligations under the Rules of Professional Conduct.
The firm specializes in the application of the rules of professional responsibility to class action attorneys and law firms in jurisdictions across the country. We also provide advice to state and local governmental agencies regarding various rules of professional conduct.
Remcho, Johansen & Purcell, LLP also participates in MCLE panels regarding legal ethics issues.
Representative highlights of this work include:
- Represent clients in litigation over professional responsibility issues. See, e.g., Canatella v. Stovitz, 213 Fed. Appx. 515 (9th Cir. 2006) (defended constitutionality of California's attorney discipline statutes on behalf of the State Bar of California).
- Advising clients on ensuring compliance with the Rules of Professional Conduct in California and various other jurisdictions.
- Reviewing settlement agreements for professional responsibility issues.
- Analyzing draft rules of professional conduct for the State Bar of California.
- Analyzing proposed attorney fee agreements for compliance with the rules of professional conduct in various jurisdictions.